We are doing some incredible things here at Pinnacle Exhibits. We’re all about challenging convention and doing the hard work it takes to create mind-blowing exhibits, environments and experiences for some of the world’s top brands. We create memorable brand spaces, experiences and events—and our teams are comprised of experts who value creativity, honesty, flexibility and going beyond expectations.
We reward imagination and encourage disruptive thinking—in the pursuit of flawless execution for our clients.
We are based in Oregon with facilities in both Northern and Southern California and Illinois and we’re in hot pursuit to find the most talented, motivated professionals in the industry to join our world-class team. We’re cranking – and we’ve got an incredible opportunity at our Portland Creative Studio for an experienced, industry-leading Desktop Publisher.
If you love the exhilaration and fast-paced world of Experiential Marketing and developing compelling, flawlessly-polished presentations and deliverables for internal and external clients alike, then let’s talk.
The Desktop Publisher (DTP) works closely with the Global Head of Creative and Marketing Coordinator in developing flawless, professionally-formatted, sleek and compelling presentation decks, client deliverables and Marketing materials. The DTP also provides internal compositional, layout, formatting and proofreading support to internal Pinnacle departments and the Management Team.
As a Desktop Publisher (DTP) at Pinnacle, you will:
- Assemble, lay out and format client-facing and internal deliverables including: RFP proposals, presentation decks, case studies, and Marketing materials and communications
- Be a steward of Pinnacle Brand compliance: ensure brand consistency for all deliverables (e.g. logos, fonts, brand guidelines, formatting, templates, etc.)
- Assist with presentation outlining and copywriting as needed
- Inform the proposal development production schedule
- Monitor deadlines and schedules, tracking progress, and following-up with internal stakeholders as necessary to ensure deliverables deadlines are consistently met
- Gather, compile and format text, images, renderings, drawings, graphics and charts and any other required assets to be included in deliverables
- Create simple graphics, charts and tables as required
- Make changes, revisions and enhancements to proposals during all stages of the process
- Assist with copy proofreading and editing as necessary
- Prepare all deliverables for final QA
- Inform the proposal development production schedule
- Maintain presentation/deliverables version control
We are an energetic and creative bunch and have high expectations for all our employees. In addition to being great to work with, we’re looking for someone with the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- Associates Degree or Vocational Certificate in Graphic Design, Communications, Liberal Arts, or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- A minimum of 2-4 years of RFP response and proposal development, layout, editing and proofreading experience is required – preferably in a trade show, marketing, agency or design firm capacity
- Must be proficient with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office and excellent mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus.
- Experience with desktop publishing, applications and industry standards are required
- Working knowledge of Graphic Design standards, components, nomenclature/terms and accepted best practices
- Demonstrated ability to implement art direction from multiple sources – including, but not limited to that of the Global Head of Creative, Creative Director, Sr. Designers, Account Teams and Marketing Coordinator
- Must be a self-starter and be comfortable creating on-brand presentation decks and deliverables with little to no art direction
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and direction in a very dynamic work environment while maintaining a professional attitude
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with proven ability to meet strict deadlines without exception
- Ability to work overtime and irregular hours is required, sometimes with little notice
- Must interact well with all levels of employees across all Pinnacle departments and Management Team
- Exercise professional discretion to safeguard confidential company and client proprietary information.
- Must exhibit a generous, collaborative work style and demonstrated ability to be productive in a group setting
- Ability to work with clients and colleagues who are located remotely across multiple time zones
- Mature, confident, talented, reliable and able to work with internal/external clients autonomously as needed
We offer a great benefits package that includes PTO, medical, dental, vision, life and LTD and an awesome 401(k) plan and company match. Our culture is important to us and we are looking to hire interesting, enthusiastic folks who enjoy working hard and helping our clients build their brands. We are a team-based company with each employee operating at the individual contributor level—meaning we are each required to be the experts at what we bring to the table. The work we do at Pinnacle is energizing, challenging and rewarding.
To apply for this exciting position, please supply a resume and a link to your portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you!