We are doing some incredible things here at Pinnacle Exhibits. We’re all about challenging convention and doing the hard work it takes to create mind-blowing exhibits, environments and experiences for some of the world’s top brands. We create memorable brand spaces, experiences and events—and our teams are comprised of experts who value creativity, honesty, flexibility and going beyond expectations.
We reward imagination and encourage disruptive thinking—in the pursuit of flawless execution for our clients.
We are based in Oregon with facilities in both Northern and Southern California and Illinois and we’re in hot pursuit to find the most talented, motivated professionals in the industry to join our world-class team. We’re cranking—and we’ve got an incredible opportunity in our Chicago, Illinois facility for a talented Lead Builder.
Under the direction of the Shop Foreman, our Lead Builders assist in the fabrication (construction, installation and repair) of tradeshow exhibits by using good time management and efficient material usage. They also work directly with the Shop Foreman and Project Managers to acquire all the necessary information to lead a team of builders in order to complete assigned projects.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine specifications and material requirements for fabrication of mutiple complex projects
- Manage projects from start to finish (kick-off to shipment)
- Assist warehouse personnel with damage inspections and reports
- Lead an assigned team of builders
- Determine material requirements and check stock inventory levels prior to ordering
We are an energetic and creative bunch and have high expectations for all of our employees. In addition to being fun to work with, we would like to hire someone with the following experience, skills, etc:
- 5 years of lead or supervisory experience in the exhibit industry
- Knowledge of exhibit industry practices and procedures, building and electrical requirements
- Knowledge of the safe operation of hand and power tools and equipment
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with a positive attitude
- Strong written and oral communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage/coordinate simultaneous projects and successfully prioritize multiple tasks using good judgment
- Organized, accurate, able to follow the specifications/budget of each job
- Able to work long hours when needed
- Any high school, college or industry courses in carpentry preferred
Working conditions/physical demands:
- Usual wood shop working conditions
- Noise and dust level in the work environment is typical of most wood shop environments
- Frequently required to stand, communicate, reach, lift and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 100 pounds on a regular basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required for over 90% of the work period while operating typical fabrication equipment.
- Hours: M-F, 6:00am – 4:30 pm, weekend work when required.
Our culture is important to us and we are looking to hire interesting, enthusiastic folks who enjoy working hard and helping our clients build their brands. We are a team based company with each employee operating at the individual contributor level—meaning we all have to be the experts at what we bring to the table. It’s energizing and challenging and rewarding!
To apply for this exciting position, please supply a resume by visiting http://pinnacle.hiringthing.com. We look forward to hearing from you!