We are doing some incredible things here at Pinnacle Exhibits. We’re all about challenging convention and doing the hard work it takes to create mind-blowing exhibits, environments and experiences for some of the world’s top brands. We create memorable brand spaces, experiences and events—and our teams are comprised of experts who value creativity, honesty, flexibility and going beyond expectations.
We reward imagination and encourage disruptive thinking—in the pursuit of flawless execution for our clients.
We are based in Oregon with facilities in both Northern and Southern California and Illinois and we’re in hot pursuit to find the most talented, motivated professionals in the industry to join our world-class team. We’re cranking – and we’ve got an incredible opportunity at our Portland Creative Studio for an experienced, dynamic, industry-leading Photographer/Videographer.
We’re looking for a DSLR and video sharp-shooter with a cinematic eye for snapping jaw-dropping compositional shots that capture the exhilaration and fast-paced world of Experiential Marketing. If this sounds like you, then let’s talk!
The in-house Photographer/Videographer works closely with the Global Head of Creative, Marketing Coordinator and Account Teams to document the exhibit environments (tradeshow booths), events and activations that we create for our clients. This role also includes producing photographic and video assets as required for internal Corporate and Marketing use. While this position will require extensive domestic travel, it is expected that when not travelling, that the photographer/videographer will assist with photo retouching, keyword tagging and uploading of assets to our Digital Asset Management system (DAM) and light video editing, as needed.
As the in-house Photographer/Videographer at Pinnacle, you will:
- Be the compositional eye of Pinnacle – ensuring projects are shot in a captivating and compelling way
- Travel to various tradeshows and conferences to photograph and/or video document selected client booth exhibits, events and engagements across a variety of industries
- Develop detailed shot lists for each show that capture conditions including (but not limited to): installation, vacant architectural shots, populated booth shots, candid interactives, close-ups and product shots, wide-angles, highlights/depth-of-field, attendee engagement
- Batch process raw images, create contact sheets and present selects
- Retouch, crop, optimize, and upload images to the Pinnacle Digital Asset Management site
- Contribute to media materials including print and digital ads, newsletters, social posts, blogs, email blasts and company website
- Work with the Global Head of Creative to develop internal photographic and video standards, criteria and best practices
- Stay current on all contemporary and emerging photography and video techniques, standards, best practices and equipment
We are an energetic and creative bunch and have high expectations for all our employees. In addition to being great to work with, we’re looking for someone with the following qualifications, experience, skills and attributes:
- Professional certificate or technical training in photography (Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree is a plus)
- Experience shooting corporate exhibit/tradeshow booths, events, customer engagements and conferences
- Expert in HDR photography and HD video and all related equipment
- Proficient in Photoshop and Lightroom
- Able to travel often, work after hours, weekends, out of town to accommodate show and client schedules
- Excellent eye for composition and strong photographic aesthetic
- Video editing experience is a bonus
- Experience with shooting in all types of conditions/lighting environments
- Up to date with current photography and editing standards and styles
- Strong photography and retouching portfolio that demonstrates skill level, and technical abilities. Be able to provide before and after retouching examples.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail with proven ability to meet strict deadlines without exception
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and direction while maintaining a professional attitude
- Must interact well with all levels of employees across all Pinnacle departments and Management Team
- Exercise professional discretion to safeguard confidential company and client proprietary information.
- Ability to work with clients and colleagues who are located remotely across multiple time zones
- Must be a self-starter and be comfortable with little to no direction – especially when on photo shoots and show site
We offer a great benefits package that includes PTO, medical, dental, vision, life and LTD and an awesome 401(k) plan and company match. Our culture is important to us and we are looking to hire interesting, enthusiastic folks who enjoy working hard and helping our clients build their brands. We are a team-based company with each employee operating at the individual contributor level—meaning we are each required to be the experts at what we bring to the table. The work we do at Pinnacle is energizing, challenging and rewarding.
To be considered, please include a link to your online portfolio and/or website, including photography / video samples capturing conferences, events or tradeshows.
We look forward to hearing from you!