Senior Environments Designer
We’re doing some incredible things here at Pinnacle. We’re all about challenging convention and doing the hard work it takes to create mind-blowing exhibits, environments and experiences for some of the world’s top brands. We create memorable brand spaces and our teams are made of experts who value creativity, honesty, flexibility and going beyond expectations.
We reward imagination and encourage disruptive thinking.
We are based in Oregon with facilities in both Northern and Southern California and Illinois and we’re in hot pursuit to find the most talented, motivated and collaborative creatives in the industry to join our world-class team. We’re cranking – and we’ve got an incredible opportunity at our Portland studio for an experienced, industry-leading Senior Environments Designer. The studio is located in the Olympic Mills Commerce Center. All things Portland can be found within a block in any direction.
If you love the exhilaration and fast-paced world of exhibits and developing innovative solutions for clients, then let’s talk.
As a Senior Designer at Pinnacle, you will:
- Create unique ideas which respond directly to client goals and leverage client input. Your creative solutions must both reflect client direction and assert a confident, creative viewpoint.
- Express ideas in a variety of ways according to client need and phase of project development. Communicate with internal and external teams alike with words, found images, sketches, computer models, renderings and/or other media.
- Develop creative presentations which convey client objectives, interactions intended for the event, aesthetics of the space, form/function of the structures, materials/finishes/colors and event marketing campaign extensions.
- Be tech savvy with demonstrated ability in computer renderings and animation.
- Have familiarity with experiential and interactive activations.
- Manage internal and external expectations for scope and timing of projects.
- Strong familiarity with digital media, A/V, lighting and staging.
- Solid understanding of modern marketing methodologies including environmental graphics, consumer engagement strategies and tracking, social media, apps, etc.
- Proficient in 3ds Max, or similar 3d modeling/rendering software.
- Has a generous, collaborative work style and demonstrated ability to be productive in a creative group setting. Ability to work with clients and colleagues who are located remotely.
- Facilitate and participate in group ideation sessions.
- Deliver design concepts within budgetary constraints.
- Create spec sheets to assist with budgeting and estimation.
- Follow projects through production to ensure design intent is preserved and internal clients receive practical, actionable input.
- Keep current with trends in 3d brand marketing, exhibit design, event marketing, experiential marketing, best retail practices and tradeshows.
- Keep current with new methods of expressing exhibit design and event marketing ideas: computer modeling and rendering, fly-throughs, software updates, creative suite and beyond.
- Maintain all relevant files, materials and records in a highly-organized manner.
We are an energetic and creative bunch and have high expectations for all of our employees. In addition to being great to work with, we’re looking for someone with the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- 5 years of experience designing exhibits, events, architecture, set/scenery, environments, or retail.
- Working knowledge of construction and material usage and terminology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Environmental Design, Architecture, Advertising, Marketing, or Fine Arts.
- Mature enough, confident enough, talented enough and reliable enough to work with internal/external clients autonomously.
- Client-facing, effective and confident presenter and client pitch experience.
We offer a great benefits package that includes PTO, medical, dental, vision, life and LTD and an awesome 401(k) plan and company match. Our culture is important to us and we are looking to hire interesting, enthusiastic folks who enjoy working hard and helping our clients build their brands. We are a team-based company with each employee operating at the individual contributor level—meaning we all have to be the experts at what we bring to the table. The work we do at Pinnacle is energizing, challenging and rewarding.
To apply for this exciting position, please supply a resume and a link to your portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you!